50 Positive Ways To Manage Negative Feelings
The concept of spending time for yourself can sound selfish and over-indulging for those who need to manage a career, build a business, raise a family, look after elderly parents, maintain a romantic relationship and stay connected with friends. But the benefits from self-care on a regular basis will help you improve your overall physical, mental and emotional health. And in turn excel in other areas of your life. Here are some natural ways to improve the way you feel and manage difficult days:
- Breathe deeply
- Go for a walk or run
- Lift weights
- Cook a healthy meal
- Draw, paint or create something
- Read a book or magazine
- Write something
- Start a blog or website
- Listen to music
- Go to a concert
- Try yoga
- Clean your house or apartment
- Or tackle a part of your place and organize
- Call a friend or family member
- Meet up with friends or family
- Start a mood journal and write in it every day. Write down how you’re feeling, what thoughts you’re having, and what triggered the negative feeling. Over time, see if you can notice patterns in what triggers your negative feelings.
- Take a break from your phone, computer and social media. Do something by yourself without negative influences from the outside world.
- Write down all the things you’re thankful for.
- Write down all the things you love about yourself.
- Take time to think and understand how you’re feeling.
- Try to turn your negative thoughts into positive ones.
- Meditate (Start small, even for 10 minutes a day, in a quiet place and be easy on yourself when your mind wonders)
- Read some inspirational quotes
- Take a trip out of the city to see something new. It could be for a day, a week, or however long you want.
- Take a nap
- Let yourself cry if you need to
Sun Warrior Sunscreen
Try our light-weight & non-greasy Sun Warrior Sunscreen
Free of harmful chemicals that 80% of other brands use
- Get professional help if you need it.
- Learn to play a musical instrument
- Teach yourself something new
- Look at happy photos
- If you’re religious, pray
- Write a nice letter to yourself
- Do something kind for someone else
- Watch your favorite movie or TV show
- Watch funny videos on the internet
- Forgive yourself if you’ve made a mistake
- Take a bubble bath or shower (Try a home Body Scrub at home before you take a bubble bath or shower)
- Paint your nails a new color
- Do your makeup
- Volunteer for a cause you are passionate about
- Take up a new hobby
- Go to an arty gallery and study the artwork (Closer Look at the Louvre Museum art collection)
- Go through your old things and donate them to a local charity
- Write down your negative thoughts and then tear up or burn the paper
- Play with a pet
- Practice mindfulness
- Repeat positive affirmation to yourself
- Remind yourself that you are a beautiful person who is worthy of happiness and love
- Remind yourself that negative feelings are only temporary
- Make your own list of ways to help you deal with negative feelings.
Begin with one of them for even 15 minutes. Self-care activities help take care of yourself physically, mentally and spiritually. It is how you take your power back by improving your feelings and feeling healthy and strong.
You wake up every morning to fight the same demons that left you so tired the night before, and that, my love, is bravery. ~Unknown
5% off your next purchase!
Join us for our best offers, new product releases, and skincare tips for your beauty routine.